Job Description: Infrastructure Technical Consultant
An exciting opportunity to join a thriving company who are passionate about technology & people. An ideal position for a local, experienced technician who thrives on managing & resolving high level technical issues & implementing long term solutions.
The right candidate will be a clear communicator with a proactive, responsible, alert state of mind. You will be passionate about delivering your excellent technical knowledge partnered with a five star customer service. Reporting direct to the Technical Director you will join an established operation in Billericay, Essex, with the potential to grow further within a company that promotes a healthy work / life balance.
What you will do:
- Play a key role in providing a high level of support for Clear Thinking IT customers always delivering excellent customer communication.
- Strong trouble shooting skills enthusiastic to problem solve independently & consistently to the level of a 3rd line technician. Raising issues up to the Technical Director when required.
- Be able to priorities your time between business critical issues and non-critical issues while having the awareness that any issue raised to the service desk is important to Clear Thinking IT and the customer.
- Be highly organized when sourcing and logging detailed information including service desk tickets into Auto Task. Manage time effectively & accurately when logging information.
- Take responsibility & be well prepared to manage projects effectively & with confidence when visiting customer’s on site.
- Continue to train and grow in your knowledge through pro-actively self-advancing and planned training through Clear Thinking IT.
- Offer support & assistance to junior members of the team when required.
- Be a logical thinker who can work well under pressure
- Have good interpersonal skills – be naturally well mannered & polite over the phone and in person.
- Have a consistent drive to go above and beyond when solving problems and interacting with customers.
- Show good attention to detail for data inputting and following through on your promises to customers.
- Show natural enthusiasm and willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
- Have the ability to listen & follow instructions with an organized, well time-managed approach.
- Have an appreciation for service offerings and a passion to deliver customer service excellence.
- Be articulate with clear communication skills on the phone & in person.
- Have a positive attitude for working as a team & going above and beyond every time.
- Have a strong command of written and spoken English.
- Absolutely trustworthy with high standards of personal integrity and responsibility.
Key Skill we are looking for in this role:
- Advanced Microsoft Server Operating System knowledge (2008, 2012 and 2016)
- Good knowledge of Azure Cloud Services
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 core products
- Good knowledge of Virtualization solutions (Hyper-V, VMware)
- Experienced working in Data centre environments
- Good knowledge of Firewalls and general Networking (Fortinet and Cisco)
- 5+ years’ technical experience
- Proven track record in customer service
- Driving License
Non Key Skills but beneficial
- Voip Telephony solutions (3CX)
- Backup technologies (Veeam)
- Microsoft SQL knowledge
- Microsoft SharePoint Knowledge
- Security Vulnerability Assessments (Qualys)
This is a permanent position
Wage: £37,500 + depending on experience
Closing Date: end of February
Starting Date: asap
For further information, please email your latest CV to us: firstname.lastname@example.org